Lync Cisco Same extensions RRS feed

• Question

• can i have same extension on both lync and cisco call manager,

what i was thinking that i will assign complete DID to lync as in cisco phone are only assigned the extension and their DIDs are translated on gateway, 

can i assign same extesnions on lync and cisco , will it work and how to configure that.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:50 AM

Answers

• HI,

you cannot assign the same value to the TEL URI of the LYNC user and CISCO Extension. You can configure as below.

Tel URI : +0114732500;ext=2500

and CISCO Extension as 3500

You can have a normalization Rule to normalize 34xx to sent to the Gateway Route (CISCO Side). and another one to normalize incoming calls from CISCO to Lync user extension 2500.

Thamara.

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, October 24, 2011 7:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by tanveer.ahmad Monday, October 24, 2011 5:16 PM
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:59 AM

All replies

• HI,

you cannot assign the same value to the TEL URI of the LYNC user and CISCO Extension. You can configure as below.

Tel URI : +0114732500;ext=2500

and CISCO Extension as 3500

You can have a normalization Rule to normalize 34xx to sent to the Gateway Route (CISCO Side). and another one to normalize incoming calls from CISCO to Lync user extension 2500.

Thamara.

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, October 24, 2011 7:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by tanveer.ahmad Monday, October 24, 2011 5:16 PM
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:59 AM
  • thanks,

ok from cisco side to implement simultaneous ringing we need to create destinations profiles or what is the other way

Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:17 PM
  • to configure symultanus ringing, Basically you need to configre inbound from Cisco to land on Lync extensions/users. and also From Lync users to Cisco based on Cisco extension.

Once the commnucations to both ways are Ok, you can configure Lync Client to symultaneously ring his extension by addin the Cisco extension number in call forward settings.

Thamara.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:33 PM
  • About how to deploy Cisco simultaneous ringing feature with ocs or lync, please read the following articles:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 24, 2011 8:35 AM