Outlook 10 Email Issues RRS feed

• Question

• My computer crashed, purchased new one, downloaded Microsoft 10 products and tried to setup my Outlook account.

I was able to setup my work email IMAP/SMTP

I was able to setup/import my prior contact list

I was able to setup/import my prior pst files (essentially I use this to keep all old emails without taking up my email space)

But now I have 4 accounts listed in the sidebar for my email (pst, current working email, old non-working email (but same email address) & Outlook Data File). I would like this to just be my work email and pst.

I have 3 calendars - which I have figured out how to make it appear I have one, however, if someone sends me a calendar invite it doesn't work

I have 7 contact lists and haven't been able to figure out how to set one as the default to pop up automatically when sending email.

It is a mess and I would like it cleaned back up and able to receive calendar invites. I also haven't been able to send emails from other programs...such as WORD.

Thank you!

Friday, June 8, 2018 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How many email accounts do you actually set up in your Outlook? Only the work email?

May I know how did you set up the email accounts in your Outlook and How did you import the PST files? It looks other "accounts", "calendars" and "contacts" are from the imported PST files.

You may first try to create a new Outlook mail profile and set up your email account in the new mail profile without importing the PST file to see the result.

In addition, if the IMAP account is the only account set up in the profile, Outlook will by default create a PST file named "Outlook Data File". This is the expected behavior.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, June 15, 2018 8:58 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 3:20 AM
  • Hello,

Any update in this thread? Do not hesitate to post back if you would like further assistance.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:10 AM