Outlook Contact Groups RRS feed

• Question

• I want to separate a contact group that I have setup that currently has 2,479 email addresses. This is too large for a group and when I sent an email to the group, apparently it didn't make it to everyone and not even sure who did receive it. 1) What is the address limitation? 2) I am setting up a new group and copying in 300 addresses and save and close, and the group is not there. What am I doing wrong?
    • Edited by NoraR Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:04 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

According to my research, I'm afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook to split a contact group. You may need to create a new contact group.

If you have more concern about this feature, I’d like to recommend you visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

>>1) What is the address limitation?

According to the information in this link, for Exchange account, there is no definite limit to the number of contacts that you can add to a distribution list (A contact group is formerly called a “distribution list”). The exact limit is based on the total file size of the contacts. If you use only the very basic information for contacts, your distribution list limit may be as many as 125 contacts to 130 contacts.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:11 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, May 25, 2018 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:11 AM
  • Hi,

I'm wondering whether the reply above is helpful to you.

If the information is useful to you, would you mind marking it as answer so that this case could be closed and it will also benefit other members in this forum to easily find the useful information here?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:12 AM