Adding exchange account to gmail - need smtp address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am having troubles adding my exchange email to my gmail account so I can use my gmail as my domain email name. The area of difficulty is the smtp server credentials. I am unsure what the smtp server's address is. If anyone has any information ut would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

James

Friday, June 3, 2016 3:33 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

In general, if exchange admin has configured Exchange to allow users to view their SMTP server settings, you can check Smtp server's address via OWA:

Login OWA --> Options --> POP and IMAP Settings

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 5:57 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 9:40 AM

All replies

• You have an Exchange server but you prefer to use Gmail?  I don't understand.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, June 3, 2016 4:20 AM
  • Hi James,

In general, if exchange admin has configured Exchange to allow users to view their SMTP server settings, you can check Smtp server's address via OWA:

Login OWA --> Options --> POP and IMAP Settings

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 5:57 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 9:40 AM