none
Exchange 2013 Unified Messaging - 302 redirect RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me on how call routing works with Exchange 2013.

I have a customer that's migrating from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013.  They have a Mitel phone system.  When someone calls in on the subscriber access number, which is directed to server Exch01, the caller hears "To Access your mailbox, enter your extension".  When the caller enters the extension, IF the mailbox is homed on the same Exch01 server, the caller can enter their PIN to access their UM mailbox.  IF the mailbox is homed on a server other than Exch01, the caller enters a PIN, hears the call waiting audio for a split second, and then again gets the prompt "To Access your mailbox, enter your extension".  This loop will occur until the call is ended.

My understanding is that Exchange is issuing a 302 redirect back to Mitel to tell it to go dial the server where the mailbox is homed, but Mitel just tries redialing the subscriber number which is pointed back to Exch01, resulting in an endless loop.  The Mitel engineer believes that Exchange should be doing the redirect for Mitel and sending the traffic directly over to the correct mailbox server. 

Is the expected behavior that which is occurring, which is Exchange telling the Mitel phone system to go dial a different server and it's thus on Mitel to make a connection to the correct mailbox server?

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you tried with Test-UMConnectivity command.

try below and see if that got successful.

Test-UMConnectivity -Pin

Thanks, Ashish MCITP, MCT, MCSE

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:47 PM
  • Hi Tbox31,

Do you have any further question on this?

Thanks, Ashish (I can be wrong but can't be rude) “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” MCITP, MCT, MCSE

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:07 PM