No bootable devices RRS feed

• Question

• My windows 7 computer crashed.  When I try to turn it on, I receive the message:  no bootable devices.  I download a recovery cd (I don't have the original windows 7 since it was already installed and didn't mak a copy (dumb!!!!).  Now when I try to restore from the CD, I get the measage:  no boot sector on internal hard drive?  Help!!!!!!!

Saturday, May 28, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, that seems like you should contact PC manufacturer about the problem. It seems like the computer is no longer recognizing that there is a hard drive in the system.  You might try checking the BIOS to see if the disk is detected there, and verify that the boot order includes the hard disk, and that it is before other items in the boot order list.  But it would be extremely odd for this setting to change on its own.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, June 6, 2011 7:28 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2011 2:41 AM