Event ID 6, ACPI Errors RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello Vista People!

I'm up and running with Vista Ultimate and all is fine except for the 6 ACPI errors I receive. 

The Error msg reads: "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the devices in PCI slot (10 thru 15).

Can anyone tell me if this is because ASUS needs to update Chipset Driver or is this related to other driver issues? 

All HW/SW are Vista compliant.  I have Office 2007 and NOD32 installed.  I don't detect any issues related to these errors.  All items in Device Mgr. indicate no problems and I have updated to latest BIOS for my ASUS M2N-E.

My Vitals are:

ASUS  M2N-E (BIOS 0602)

X2-5200+

2GB XMS PC2-6400 Ram

GeForce 7900GT

Thanks for any comments

Saturday, February 3, 2007 9:56 PM

All replies

• See my thread on this  topic in Hardware 12/28/06 4:28 AM

At this point, I'd say just ignore it.

Saturday, February 3, 2007 11:10 PM
  • Thanks for your response and reference.

Some follow up information: 

1.  Updated to latest BIOS however problem remains.

2.  I had a response from ASUS and they suggested I update the driver for the ATK0110 Utility Driver.  They have new drivers for Vista 32bit and 64 bit.  However, after updating my driver, the errors   remain.

3.  I found the following on MS Support site:  

Description:
    IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot number, function number. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

CAUSE
    This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but does not support line-based interrupts.

RESOLUTION
    This error message may safely be ignored.

Note Do not ignore this error message if the following conditions are true: • A yellow explanation mark (!) appears next to the device in Device Manager.
    • You receive the following error message in the Properties dialog box for the device in Device Manager:
    This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) 
    In this scenario, a different issue may be causing the symptoms. Take additional steps to troubleshoot this issue.

If I hear anything further from ASUSthat helps, I'll post back Until then I'm ignoring it
    Thanks for your reply fanfarenj... Since posting,  ASUS responded to my request for help and advised me to download the latest ATK0110 ACPI Driver.  There is one for Vista 32bit and 64bit.  However, after installing it for my Vista Ultimate 32bit it did not have any affect on the ACPI errors. 

I'm awaiting further response from ASUS.  Should anything good come out of it I'll post back.

Sunday, February 4, 2007 12:56 AM
  • I changed my BIOS setting to pnp operating system - problem fixed.
    Friday, March 23, 2007 5:47 AM
  • I've been having a simular problem.  I don't know how to update my bios, so if anyone can give me an explainion of it or tell me where i can get it, it would be helpful.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:04 AM
  • Not worth worrying about. Just ignore those errors.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 12:37 AM
  •  

A bit hard to ignore as this is last event log entry before my system hangs.

Saying "ingore this error" is a bit foolish, its in the eventlog for a reason.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:54 AM