none
Automate disk cleanup on domain computers

Question

• Hi there,

I need to automate disk cleanup on all the machines available on our company's domain. I have been trying to do it by using sageset and sagerun commands. I also exported the registry keys of the machine on which I ran these commands. Actually I am stuck at importing these registry values into a GPO. I am trying to automate this process via GPO so that it gets applied on all the machines. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Akshay 

Monday, September 26, 2016 10:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

In my opinion, you could create a new GP and add it as a logon script (go to User Configuration>Windows Settings>Scripts (Logon/Logoff), then link it to the OU where all the workstations are located at.

For scripting related question, I would like to suggest that you submit a new thread in our Scripting forum for better and accurate answer to the question. The community members and support professionals there are more familiar with Scripting and can help you in a more efficient way. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience, I have listed the Forum link below:
    Scripting Forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ITCG/threads

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

In my opinion, you could create a new GP and add it as a logon script (go to User Configuration>Windows Settings>Scripts (Logon/Logoff), then link it to the OU where all the workstations are located at.

For scripting related question, I would like to suggest that you submit a new thread in our Scripting forum for better and accurate answer to the question. The community members and support professionals there are more familiar with Scripting and can help you in a more efficient way. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience, I have listed the Forum link below:
    Scripting Forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ITCG/threads

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Hi Alvin,

Yes, it helped me till certain extent, but I guess scripting is the best option after considering my current options. 

I didn't get time to work on this as this project was on hold, but now that it has been resumed I will the scripting and hopefully it works.

Thanks! 

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 12:46 AM