Wallpaper not loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I just installed Windows 7 and after updating the driver to my video card (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT), the wallpaper turned black. I was using one of the preset Windows 7 themes, I have tried changing it/ applying my own pictures to the desktop background but all I see is a black wallpaper. I am able to change the window color, and I think the theme is still set as I have the option to switch to "Next Desktop Background" when I right-click on the desktop. Any help would be appreciated!
    Friday, October 16, 2009 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As I know, if the value of wallpaper is blank in the registry, desktop wallpaper will display the black color. Please open the registry by typing regedit in a run box and find the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

Find the item: Wallpaper and check if the value is set to use the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper.jpg

If not, please configure the path as the above.

Note: please pay attention to back up your registry before taking any modification. Incorrect modification may cause unrecoveralbe damage.

BTW, please also make sure that you don't select Solid colors as the desktop picture locations.

Best Regards
    Dale
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:15 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2009 4:27 AM