none
IE7,8 closes inmediately. RRS feed

• Question

• I've read a lot of posts from other people before post. I tried all methods without solution. 

machine is an 2003 server.

1) The first thing, I  scanned with Malwarebytes, and Adaware without none detection.

2) Trying to open it without addons, closes aswell

3) Reboot, Deinstall IE8 and install IE7, but the same issue. 

4) After that apply the Wupdates and update to IE8 again, but the same issue.

5) Firefox and chrome works perfectly

6) I tryed to re-register a new "ieproxy.dll"

7) I fixed proxy settings with the fix.bat:

@ECHO OFF
    Reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /f
    proxycfg -d

What can I do more?

• Edited by candabi Monday, December 16, 2013 1:08 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 1:02 PM

Answers

• Ive just passed the sfc check 

That article mentioned XP and WS2003 at the same time.  XP has msinfo32.exe which can check on your IEFileVersions.  Does WS2003 have that in its msinfo32 too?

Otherwise the simplest check that I have is to boot in safe mode and try to start IE this way.   Run... (e.g. press Win-R and enter:)

iexplore.exe  -nohome  -extoff

If you can't even get a window open then, something is wrong but there is no way to know what exactly is causing that symptom.  ProcMon can help refine your symptom description.  Unfortunately, though, ProcMon cannot be run in safe mode. 

If you can get a window open then, you would have a basis to start clean-boot troubleshooting from.  E.g. something would be starting in normal mode which was incompatible with IE and that thing would not be started in safe mode.  Typical examples are security programs, etc.  Another known cause is trying to move the %ProgramFiles% directory to a different volume.  At least the Internet Explorer component must reside on the %SystemDrive%.   Etc.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:12 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• One more thing, with Hijackthis these entries are ok?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 14:12:28, on 16/12/2013
    Platform: Windows 2003 SP2 (WinNT 5.02.3790)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
    Boot mode: Normal

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
    O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\documents and settings\juan\windows\system32\mswsock.dll' missing
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: VMUpgradeAtShutdown - VMUpgradeAtShutdownWXP.dll (file missing)
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Precargador Browseui - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\Documents and Settings\juan\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll (file missing)
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Demonio de caché de las categorías de componente - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Documents and Settings\juan\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll (file missing)

• Edited by candabi Monday, December 16, 2013 2:15 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, it indicates that this is caused by missing files.

I would like to suggest you use SFC to fix the issue:

Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747/en-us

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:28 AM
  • I really thought on it, but following your suggestion, Ive just passed the sfc check, but I didn't have any message from the utility after it finished, so, I suppose that everything it's ok. In any case, I rebooted the machine and tested again the same fault.

¿what do you think? The thing that Hijackthis is that the file it istn't, but that's false. I also checked the path, in order to verify that is the correct.

I don't know what to do apart from format it.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Ive just passed the sfc check 

That article mentioned XP and WS2003 at the same time.  XP has msinfo32.exe which can check on your IEFileVersions.  Does WS2003 have that in its msinfo32 too?

Otherwise the simplest check that I have is to boot in safe mode and try to start IE this way.   Run... (e.g. press Win-R and enter:)

iexplore.exe  -nohome  -extoff

If you can't even get a window open then, something is wrong but there is no way to know what exactly is causing that symptom.  ProcMon can help refine your symptom description.  Unfortunately, though, ProcMon cannot be run in safe mode. 

If you can get a window open then, you would have a basis to start clean-boot troubleshooting from.  E.g. something would be starting in normal mode which was incompatible with IE and that thing would not be started in safe mode.  Typical examples are security programs, etc.  Another known cause is trying to move the %ProgramFiles% directory to a different volume.  At least the Internet Explorer component must reside on the %SystemDrive%.   Etc.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:12 PM
    Answerer