none
Recurring PerformancePoint error 10107 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fledgling SP2K10 farm that I'm trying to free of errors.  The PerformancePoint Service throws the error below ever hour or so.  The service is not crashing, so it can't be that big a deal, but I want it resolved before I release the system to my users.  I've searched and can't find any documentation or clarification on this issue.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, in advance,
    Benjamin Rutledge

- System

- Provider
          [ Name] Microsoft-SharePoint Products-PerformancePoint Service
          [ Guid] {A7CD5295-CBBA-4DCA-8B67-D5BE061B6FAE}

EventID 1

Version 14

Level 2

Task 1

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x4000000000000000

- TimeCreated
          [ SystemTime] 2011-08-19T19:01:26.517348700Z

EventRecordID 16690

- Correlation
          [ ActivityID] {DBFB9D00-E5E9-4C51-A465-84FDF356F82F}

- Execution
          [ ProcessID] 6568
          [ ThreadID] 8108

Channel Application

Computer SERVER.domain.local

- Security
          [ UserID] S-1-5-21-1788126269-3085126133-3010187728-16135
    - EventData
        string1

Unable to load custom data source provider type: Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.Standard, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c System.TypeLoadException: Method 'RunQuery' in type 'Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.Standard, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' does not have an implementation. at System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Server.PmServer.InitializeCustomDataSourceProviders() PerformancePoint Services error code 10107.

Friday, August 19, 2011 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hello Benjamin,

Here is a link to security information: 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748591.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748637.aspx

Are you using Unattended Account or Kerberos?

The Unattended account is the lowest privilege needed and SharePoint should put it where it needs to go like SSAS security.  To troubleshoot something that you don't have any actions in the front end to assist with, is a difficult task to do.  As you said, you don't see any issues happening in within the application itself.

Something you could try, is if you are using Unattended Account, give the Unattended Service Account more permissions like an administrator.  Does the errors go away?  There is a chance you have tighter security in your environment that we tested.  My suggestion is to adjust security to see if makes a difference.  I don't have documentation to tell you the minimum security needed to run PerformancePoint Services successfully without errors.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hello

I have seen this with PerformancePoint 2007 when the user that is running the PerformancePoint Service Account does not have enough permissions.  What kind of permissions does your Service Account have?  

I would suggest looking to make sure your Service Account has access to the content database that PerformancePoint is using and also make sure it has access to your SSAS. 

You error is referencing 'Method 'RunQuery' in type...'

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:53 PM
  • I think I've got it.  After recreating the Secure Store encryption key, I needed to go into the PerformancePoint Service settings and add the Secure Store unattended account back in.  I'll watch it throughout the day and let you know.

Mahalo,

Benjamin Rutledge

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:53 PM
  • No joy.  The frequency seems to have been reduced (though less than 24 hours have passed), but I'm still getting the error. 

You referred in your post to permissions and access rights.  What type of permissions need to be granted to the PerformancePoint Service Account on which database (PerformancePoint content database, Secure Store, etc.)?  You also mentioned making sure the PerformancePoint Service Account has access to my SSAS.  What permissions/access rights does my PerformancePoint Service Account need there?

I am using the Least Privilege method where I know the specifics of what is needed, though I haven't been able to find any documentation on the permissions the PerformancePoint Service Account needs in these places to change the default settings.

Please advise.

Mahalo,

Benjamin Rutledge

Kind regards, Benjamin Rutledge CTO
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:41 AM
  • Hello Benjamin,

Here is a link to security information: 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748591.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748637.aspx

Are you using Unattended Account or Kerberos?

The Unattended account is the lowest privilege needed and SharePoint should put it where it needs to go like SSAS security.  To troubleshoot something that you don't have any actions in the front end to assist with, is a difficult task to do.  As you said, you don't see any issues happening in within the application itself.

Something you could try, is if you are using Unattended Account, give the Unattended Service Account more permissions like an administrator.  Does the errors go away?  There is a chance you have tighter security in your environment that we tested.  My suggestion is to adjust security to see if makes a difference.  I don't have documentation to tell you the minimum security needed to run PerformancePoint Services successfully without errors.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

I am getting same error. Another issue is that Dashboard Designer is not able to connect to SSAS. Unattended account specified for PerformancePoint service is SSAS administrator.

I am trying this with SQL Denali CTP3.

Please help.

Saeed

BI Consultant
    Friday, September 30, 2011 7:37 AM