none
Networking Computers using Microsoft Account credentials won't work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Dell laptop which I recently added to my home wired network and, naturally, I wanted to exchange data with my other PC's.  All my computers have the same version of Windows 10 Pro and they can all see each other and can ping each other.  This proves that they are ablke to communicate effectively.  Whilst they can exchange photos and videos they CANNOT exchange files and documents.  All of the usual sharing setup processes have been taken but the big problem is that when ever a computer wishes to exchange data it must enter "Network Credentials".  I assume that I am required to enter my "Microsoft Credentials" but these are rejected.  I have read and tried many recemmendations and have even had DELL Experts take control of my device to resolve the problem - they failed.  However, they did conclude that abandoning Microsoft Credentials in favour of a Local Administrative Account solves the problem,  Dell experts also concluded that Microsoft two factor authentication "may" be a contributing factor.  It follows that since I would like to continue to use my Microsoft Credentials, then I wonder if anyone can offer advice on this issue.  
    Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:15 PM

All replies