4.6 SP2 04-0000040F RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In our environment with Windows 7 x64, App-V 4.6 SP2, SCCM 2012 and SCEP 2012 some users are getting this error message sometimes:

04-0000040F 

In the sftlog.txt (Swedish):

"Efter starten kunde processen inte fortsättas med SystemGuard (senaste felet 7)."

"CSGApplicationManager::find_ve_by_pid_unchecked pid 0x00001724 FAILED (2)"

"Ett fel uppstod när det virtuella registret skulle öppnas (avsnitt: 9), rk: 07B01F0C-0000004A"

This happens on some regular applications like Firefox, PuTTy, Visio. But very rarely. The user often gets this error and then tries again and then it works.

Any ideas?

I have excluded some folders in the antivirus after MS bestpractice. Some of these apps has Local Interaction Allowed, some don't.

/Daniel

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What happens if you remove antivirus?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:07 AM
  • I have tried with disable Real-Time protection but the issue is still there.

This company also have Snow Inventory Client installed, and to be able to scan inside the App-V bubble, there should be an Pre-launch script that runs an exe-file:

<SCRIPT EVENT="LAUNCH" PROTECT="TRUE" TIMING="PRE" WAIT="FALSE" EXTERN="TRUE">
          <SCRIPTBODY LANGUAGE="Batch">
       IF EXIST "%SNOW_INVENTORY_HOME%\vscan.exe" ( "%SNOW_INVENTORY_HOME%\vscan.exe" \n exit )
       </SCRIPTBODY>
        </SCRIPT>

It feels like if I remove this script, I never gets the error. Any ideas?

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:44 AM
  • Hello,

Contact the Snow-vendor and have them explain why this could happen?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:50 AM
  • Just a quick heads up for someone else experiencing this error with App-V 4.6 SP3 - error 04-0000040F - (We found very little info while searching the web for related issues.)

The solution turned out to be a combination of two specific functions in RES Workspace Manager: one which adds administrator rights to a given process, and another one wchich intercepts this process when started by something other than RES ONE Workspace itself.

Someone had mistakenly created a shortcut with PowerShell.exe in RES ONE Workspace and added administrator rights and process interception to it.

The App-V programs which failed to start had configured PowerShell scripts to run before startup. It seemed that either Process Interception or/and adding administrator rights (called Dynamic Privileges) to PowerShell.exe caused this error.

So, if anyone else should encounter this issue, check to see if you have any software that deeply hooks into your App-V packages script or Application processes.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:10 AM