ForeFront Online Protection for Exchange RRS feed

• Question

1. Our company wants to secure source code which is written in Java / J2EE language. Can you please guide us in this regard that how can we block java code& files within the communication of emails in any form?

1. How can we get Java / J2EE and other source code dictionary for MS Forefront?

1. Can we import MACAFE SIG rule dictionary into MS Forefront or does Microsoft have a migration plan?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hey

Thanks for the post ,

Following the link below :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh228011.aspx

I'd be glad to answer any question

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

1. You can do this with policy rules. The following articles show you how to create policy rules:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff715218.aspx

2. AFAIK there is no predefined dictionary for blocking java. You have to create it on your own.

3. Check the following article how to import dictionaries into FOPE:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff715197.aspx

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Thanks for replying, i got the way to created Policy and define dictionaries but is there any predefine block and spam structure available in console. means if i run it on default configure which type of contents it would block.
    Friday, February 1, 2013 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

there are no predefined rules available to block specific spam. You have to configure it on your own. Microsoft can't do that because every customer needs custom rules. One wants to block .exe the other customer not, so this is impossible for Microsoft to handle.

So if you start from scratch there are no filters that block messages on specific criterias.

Greetings

Christian

Friday, February 1, 2013 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks again well i have export the defined dictionaries available in Mcafee SIG now i want to import it on FOPE but when i suppose to import .xml file it display an error that it support 900 words and 32 kb file and the .xml file which i have it is 414KB so, is there any way to break it or shrink it. 

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:17 AM
  • Hi,

according the following note you can only import txt or csv files so you can't import your xml file.

"The Dictionary feature supports .txt and .csv files only. The maximum permissible file size for dictionaries is 32 KB and each file can support 9,000 characters. Additionally, dictionary files only support Basic syntax. For more information about the supported syntax, see Basic Syntax in Understanding Policy Rule Syntax."

You have to split your file into many smaller files with a maximum size of 32kb. Due to the xml structure of your file you can do it with a litte vbscript.

Greetings

Christian

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Sorry for late response i understand and thanks for your assistance in this regard. in case any further clarification required i will contact you.
    Monday, February 11, 2013 11:52 AM