Can RoundTable Bridge a Live Meeting call with a PSTN call ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a roundtable connected to a laptop and works well (I am USER1). I initiate a LM call with another remote laptop user, so VOIP is used (User2). That works well.
    I then use my roundtable to dial another user's phone using PSTN and that works too (User 3).
    User 1's voice can be heard by both User 2 & 3.
    User 3's voice (PSTN) can be heard by Users 1 & 2.
    The only thing I cannot get working is User 2 (LM VOIP remote user with no roundtable) can be heard by Roundtable user but NOT the PSTN user.
    Why ?
    Bridging seems to work well in one direction by Roundtable but not the other.

Anyone able to help ?

Cheers

Ish
    • Moved by Matt Sousa - MSFT Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:56 PM forum migration (From:Telephony)
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Ismayeel,
    Bridging local dialing from the device with OCS calls is not a supported scenario. The device has no local mixing capability.
    What you need to do is implement OCS MCU, incl. PSTN connectivity through a GW, provision the user as EV enabled, and dial out from the organizers's OC to the PSTN participant.
    There could be licensing implications. 
    • Proposed as answer by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Friday, November 20, 2009 10:13 AM
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Ismayeel,
    Bridging local dialing from the device with OCS calls is not a supported scenario. The device has no local mixing capability.
    What you need to do is implement OCS MCU, incl. PSTN connectivity through a GW, provision the user as EV enabled, and dial out from the organizers's OC to the PSTN participant.
    There could be licensing implications. 
    • Proposed as answer by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Friday, November 20, 2009 10:13 AM
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:50 AM
  • Hi FD,

Thanks for the reply.

However, it is interesting that th Roundtable device is happily mizing the PSTN user's audio in to the VOIP discussion.

So, if we take whats happening right now and combine it with what you are saying, then it seems that PSTN->VOIP mixing is supported but not VOIP->PSTN.

Weird.

Thanks.

Ish
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:32 PM