Unistall and Prevent Re-install of Internet Explorer for Windows 7 Starter Pack RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to permanently remove Internet Explorer (version 9 currently) from my computer and prevent myself from reinstalling it. I am running Windows 7 Starter Pack and I know how to "turn off" Internet Explorer using the "Turn On and Off Windows Features" menu through the control panel. However, I would like to prevent myself from turning it back on in the future. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:38 PM

Answers

• Turning off internet explorer only Hides it,

Uninstall ie9,<o:p></o:p>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579295/en-us<o:p></o:p>

Before you uninstall ie9 you will need to change the way you receive windows updates
    because ie9 was released through both Recommended and Important categories, if
    you don’t ie9 is likely to reload when you boot or shut down your computer.<o:p></o:p>

Once you change the settings you can uninstall and the boot to complete the
    uninstall process, then check for updates right click the ie9 update and select
    hide, then you can change the windows update settings back to default at least
    for the Important updates anyway,<o:p></o:p>

Recommended updates are usually Optional anyway and cause most of the issues. <o:p></o:p>

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, August 24, 2012 7:56 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 3:43 AM