SharePoint 2007 list permission RRS feed

• Question

• I have ended up doing something extremely ridiculous!! I created a sub-site of an existing site in SP 2007 and inherited all user permissions from the parent site.

I created a list and wanted to set special permissions, and so I started out by deleting some people from the list permission. However I ended up deleting MYSELF!!! And now obviously I suppose, i cannot even access the list!!

Help!!! I badly need to access this list.

Aditi
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 24, 2011 7:10 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, assuming you have done an IISReset, you can re-run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Installation wizard, DO NOT disconnect from farm, but unprovision Central Admin. Then re-run the wizard and simply re-provision to resolve this issue

Best Regards
    David Hu
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, July 1, 2011 1:38 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 1:24 AM

All replies

• Go to

Central Administration > Application Management > Site Collection Owners

and add yourself back in.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:58 PM
  • Sorry forgot to mention. The main problem is that I don't have access to Central Admin. Is there any other possible way? I have full control on the site though.
    Aditi
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:01 PM
  • ok, if you dont have access to cerntal admin, on current site what is your permission level?
    ullasjoshi
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:27 PM
  • Can you access the site to open site actions?

Site Actions > View all site > (select list) > settings > list settings > permissions for this list

Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, assuming you have done an IISReset, you can re-run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Installation wizard, DO NOT disconnect from farm, but unprovision Central Admin. Then re-run the wizard and simply re-provision to resolve this issue

Best Regards
    David Hu
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, July 1, 2011 1:38 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 1:24 AM
  • You don't have access to the server, do you? If so you may be able to use stsadm adduser.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262627(office.12).aspx

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:50 PM