Custom form. RRS feed

• Question

• One of my power users was editing in datasheet view. And pasted a block of bulleted text into on of the cells on the data sheet and it pasted into multiple cells over writing other cells data. Is there a way besides recovering the document through our terrible IT dept. Versioning was not turned on at the time, but now is.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:36 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers

• There is no way of recovering the overwritten data, if there is no versioning was enabled. You have to look for a database backup or a site backup if you have already taken it.

Thanks, Arun, Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:29 PM
  • HI,

Whether you have taken any backup before carrying out this operation?

If not then there is no way through the UI, you need to restore the previous database to extract the data.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:59 AM

All replies

• There is no way of recovering the overwritten data, if there is no versioning was enabled. You have to look for a database backup or a site backup if you have already taken it.

Thanks, Arun, Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:29 PM
  • HI,

Whether you have taken any backup before carrying out this operation?

If not then there is no way through the UI, you need to restore the previous database to extract the data.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:59 AM