none
Migrating 2012 Essentials.

Question

• HI ALL,

I have a quick question about Migration from 2012 to 2016.

On "old" 2012 Essentials server previous IT support company setup remote web access for my client.

I'm currently migrating this server to 2016. 

My question is. How to "migrate " remote web access setting into the new server so my client can still use the same address for accessing remote.webaccess. ( most important is to do not change VPN address).

Thank you in advance.

Friday, July 6, 2018 2:26 PM

All replies

• Migration is complex for RWA, we recommend reconfiguration, as follows:

RWA involves multiple server roles, including RD Gateway, IIS, and router. If you really want to migrate, you need to migrate the server role related, and you need to manually change network Settings like router. Microsoft does not officially provide RWA migration, and we still recommend reconfiguring RWA manually on new devices.
    you can enter your domain name you already own in anywhere access setting wizard
    you can refer to this document about questions of anywhere access:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/manage/manage-remote-web-access-in-windows-server-essentials

Monday, July 9, 2018 11:06 AM

• Is there anything else to help you?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:55 AM
  • Hi 

Thank you for replay.

You just confirmed my thoughts. Moving further I just find out that previous IT support did not record MS account details that are associated with the current account. 

I think need to Install Routing and Remote access and manually configured VPN.

Just one more question.

Is it possible to reuse SSL certificate issue by Essentials server wizard ( issue by GoDaddy)  for SSTP VPN on a new server?

Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:34 PM