Clear recent search cache RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any option in Outlook to remove the recent search history completely? I have tried to follow suggestions in other threads and deleted the 101f0445 key in regesty editor, but it didn't work for search histories showing up under the instant search bar when I typing keywords in the box. Any reason why the search history there cannot be deleted? How can I clear the annoying cache?
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Danielshah,

What's the version of your Outlook?

If you are using Outlook 2016 and are using a mailbox hosted on Office 365 (including migrated Outlook.com mailboxes) or an Exchange 2016 server, this is an expected behavior that the search cache under the search bar cannot be deleted. This is because that the Search history that is shown when clicking in the Search field isn’t stored within the Registry but directly within your mailbox. Deleting the registry key as mentioned in your post can only delete the history that is shown when you click on the Recent Searches button on the Search tab.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Danielshah,

What's the version of your Outlook?

If you are using Outlook 2016 and are using a mailbox hosted on Office 365 (including migrated Outlook.com mailboxes) or an Exchange 2016 server, this is an expected behavior that the search cache under the search bar cannot be deleted. This is because that the Search history that is shown when clicking in the Search field isn’t stored within the Registry but directly within your mailbox. Deleting the registry key as mentioned in your post can only delete the history that is shown when you click on the Recent Searches button on the Search tab.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:36 AM
  • Hi Danielshah,

Have you checked my suggestion above?
    If it is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, May 14, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Hello Yuki

I have the same problem with Outlook 2016

When I type anything in the 'Search All Mail Items' field and then backspace to empty the field, the same 3 suggestions always appear

This has been happening for about the last 6 months

How do I clear / delete these 3 suggestions?

Regards

Colin

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:46 PM
  • Hello, is there a fix for this? Does anyone have a solution?  I have gone through and deleted the registry key 101f0445 and it DOES delete the recent search history but it does not delete the three "suggestions" in the drop down when I click on "Search All Mail Items".  I cannot find where to delete these three suggestions. 

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:16 PM
  • Did you ever figure this one out?  I can't find an answer and am about to give up hope.
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:16 PM
  • So, what is the solution for deleting the three suggestions from the drop down when I click on "Search All Mail Items"
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:17 PM
  • Yuki,

This is not an answer, it appears to be an excuse for a microsoft problem

Friday, December 13, 2019 12:46 AM