none
Resource Engagement feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'd like to begin to test and use the Resource Engagement feature, and in all the documentation, they refer to Resource Managers and Team Leads as the person that will receive the engagement request.

I'd like to validate and verify that what they are referring to is the Timesheet Manager as the person who will receive the request. If not, is it determined by an RBS arrangement? I can't find out where to set a resources Resource Manager. 

Thanks, Ray 

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 1:58 PM

Answers

• Ray --

The Manage Resource Engagements permissions is a Category permission that is set to Allowed for several security Groups in PWA.  For the Resource Managers group, the Manage Resource Engagements permission is set to Allowed for both the My Organization category and the My Resources category.  The My Organization category allows RMs to see and approve Resource Engagements for EVERY resource in the organization, while the My Resources category allows the RMs to see and approve Resource Engagements for ONLY their own resources as defined by their position in the RBS.  You could tweak the Category permissions for the Resource Managers group to meet your goal, perhaps by deselecting the Allow checkbox for the My Organization category so that RBS controls security for seeing and approving Resource Engagements.  I would recommend you experiment with this.

For the Team Leads group, the Manage Resource Engagements permission is set to Allowed for only the My Organization category.  This means that a team leader can see and approve of Resource Engagements for every resource in the organization.

Does that help?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:35 PM

All replies

• Ray --

The Manage Resource Engagements permissions is a Category permission that is set to Allowed for several security Groups in PWA.  For the Resource Managers group, the Manage Resource Engagements permission is set to Allowed for both the My Organization category and the My Resources category.  The My Organization category allows RMs to see and approve Resource Engagements for EVERY resource in the organization, while the My Resources category allows the RMs to see and approve Resource Engagements for ONLY their own resources as defined by their position in the RBS.  You could tweak the Category permissions for the Resource Managers group to meet your goal, perhaps by deselecting the Allow checkbox for the My Organization category so that RBS controls security for seeing and approving Resource Engagements.  I would recommend you experiment with this.

For the Team Leads group, the Manage Resource Engagements permission is set to Allowed for only the My Organization category.  This means that a team leader can see and approve of Resource Engagements for every resource in the organization.

Does that help?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:35 PM
  • That's a very detailed and great answer that will help us a lot! Greatly appreciated!
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:56 PM