Administrator needs to be loged in for pages to work RRS feed

• Question

• I am having some problems with SharePoint

There has been a few of the pages created using the development tool under the administrative account, but if the user is not logged on to that computer some of the pages don’t work

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and had a fix for it

Thanks

Dale   

Friday, December 23, 2011 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If they are publising pages please ensure you are publishing major versions only users with elevated privileges will generally be able to view Drafts of publishing pages.

Merry Christmas,

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Please check if the Page is checked out ..This might be through the site or through the designer .The page has to be "checked in and published" so that it can be viewed by others or else it will only be visible to admins and for others the url will throw "Page not found error".
    Monday, December 26, 2011 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If they are publising pages please ensure you are publishing major versions only users with elevated privileges will generally be able to view Drafts of publishing pages.

Merry Christmas,

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Please check if the Page is checked out ..This might be through the site or through the designer .The page has to be "checked in and published" so that it can be viewed by others or else it will only be visible to admins and for others the url will throw "Page not found error".
    Monday, December 26, 2011 6:09 AM