Exchange 2003 "Transport Error - 7003, 7004" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

We have a problem with sending outbound mail. We can receive mails from outside. We are using exchange server 2003 on SBS 2003 server. We found some error logs in the event viewer. Event ID: 7002, 7004.

Can you please provide as a solution.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by TMSSUPPORT Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:05 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 10:36 AM

Answers

• Do you see the icon below the "down arrow" at the right side of those events? That copies the event into the clipboard in text format. You should use that to get the information out of the event in a usable format.

The errors themselves don't look serious. One of them (the 7004 in your examples) is just reporting that the recipient address doesn't exist.

The 7002 event seems to be contradictory. How would the target system (64.18.4.13) report a failure to connect if you weren't connected?

In any case, you should check to see if your machine's IP address is in a DNSBL. You can use http://mxtoolbox.com as a starting point for that.

Are you using any sort of spam filtering on your server? Were those messages sent FROM mailboxes in your mail system, or were they NDRs sent by spoofed e-mail addresses to addresses that don't exist in your e-mail system?

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:49 PM

All replies

• Dear Support,

We have a problem with sending outbound mail. We can receive mails from outside. We are using exchange server 2003 on SBS 2003 server. We found some error logs in the event viewer. Event ID: 7002, 7004.

Can you please provide as a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Not many of us memorize the event-id numbers, and even if we did the description property in the event probably has the data about what the error was. I'm not even sure if the event-ids are 7703 and 7704 (from the subject) or 7002 and 7004 (from body)!

So, copy the event(s) and paste them into a post.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:17 AM
  • Please find the event IDs in following photos.

Thank you.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Do you see the icon below the "down arrow" at the right side of those events? That copies the event into the clipboard in text format. You should use that to get the information out of the event in a usable format.

The errors themselves don't look serious. One of them (the 7004 in your examples) is just reporting that the recipient address doesn't exist.

The 7002 event seems to be contradictory. How would the target system (64.18.4.13) report a failure to connect if you weren't connected?

In any case, you should check to see if your machine's IP address is in a DNSBL. You can use http://mxtoolbox.com as a starting point for that.

Are you using any sort of spam filtering on your server? Were those messages sent FROM mailboxes in your mail system, or were they NDRs sent by spoofed e-mail addresses to addresses that don't exist in your e-mail system?

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:49 PM