Infopath 2010 opening in Client asking for credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Using an infopath 2010 form published to Sharepoint 2010. After being unable to solve the speed difference in the web form vs. the filler form - I have decided that since everyone here has Infopath to jsut make them use that. So, on to the issue. I am logging into a machines as a user that has access to the doc library and clicking "new Document' , I get Infopath to open but I then get a "windows security" pop up box that wants credentials. The title of the credential box says "windows Security" and then says "connect to (name of sharepoint server) - what am I missing?

Friday, November 5, 2010 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Double-check the User Authentication setting under Internet Options > Security. It could be that it is set to prompt users to logon instead of using the automatic logon with current user name and password option?
    S.Y.M. Wong-A-Ton, owner of the InfoPath Solutions Blog, and author of 100+ InfoPath articles and 40+ InfoPath - SharePoint integration articles
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 6:27 AM
  • Also, if your site uses a fully qualified domain name (ie fff.domain.com), you'll want to add that domain to your trusted intranet zone.
    John
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 2:18 PM
  • I would recommend Local Intranet over Trusted, though.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 3:48 PM
  • Agree with Clayton - I was misspeaking.
    John
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 5:32 PM
  • I am having this issue despite the site being in the trusted local intranet zone with automatic login. There was no prompt when users have InfoPath 2007, but users with InfoPath 2010 (Filler as opens InfoPath client) they get prompted to login.  What setting am I missing? 

Thanks!

Carlene

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:58 PM