none
Event Forwarding in Workgroup environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Excuse me if I am in wrong forum for my question.

I have two domains (Doman1.com & Domain2.com) and a Server (named Collector) with windows 2008 R2 in workgroup.

The Server (Collector) is configured to have appropriate IP addresses (one IP in subnet with Domain1.com & another additional IP in subnet with Domain2.com).

What subscription I must use in Collector?

As you see in following picture, Collector Initiated only has "Add Domain Computers" option.

Collector Initiated

On the Other hand, Source Computer Initiated has two options (see picture below)

Source Computer Initiated

My question is what subscription I must use? before that, Is "event forwarding" possible in my scenario?

Thanks in advance

New Ideas, Superior Solutions SalamGroup.Ir

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hi

Typically, event forwarding is required only in large environments that use AD DS domains. However, you can also configure event forwarding in workgroup environments. In a workgroup environment, you can follow the same basic procedure described above to configure computers to forward and collect events. However, there are some additional steps and considerations for workgroups. For more details refer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748890

Here are more details on type of subscriptions:

Source-initiated subscriptions: allows you to define an event subscription on an event collector computer without defining the event source computers. Multiple remote event source computers can then be set up (using a group policy setting) to forward events to the event collector computer. This subscription type is useful when you do not know or you do not want to specify all the event sources computers that will forward events.

Collector-initiated subscriptions: allows you to create an event subscription if you know all the event source computers that will forward events. You specify all the event sources at the time the subscription is created.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sunday, August 4, 2013 3:14 PM