Screen capture of Internet Explorer 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I use Corel Paintshop Pro X2 and whilst most of it runs fine on Windows 7, there is a quirk with the screen capture and Internet Explorer 8. I normally have F10 set-up as the hot key to grab. This works for all other applications (e.g. Word 2007) but doesn't work in IE8. The key doesn't trigger the capture.

PSP has a "object" capture mode when when you press the capture key, a box highlights as you move the cursor around so you can capture the user interface object you want, e.g. the inside of a dialog box.

When in this mode, I've found I can click F10 outside the window and then select IE8 so it just looks like it's the keyboard intercept that's not working.

Does IE8 does something special with capturing keys?

Cheers, Rob.

PS. I've tried many of the other hot key combinations and not work.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What capture do you want? Do you want to capture a whole IE 8 windows or what?

If so, you can use the default Alt+Print Screen to capture the active Window like Atruker said. Why don't you select IE8 first and then click F10? I was wondering which window do you mean in "click F10 outside the window "?

In addition, I believe the "object" capture mode  should not tell which windows is IE 8 which is not.

You can type psr.exe in start menu and upload the recording of the steps to make us understand it clearly.

Please upload the file to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing

http://cid-4b2f155953942dc9.skydrive.live.com/summary.aspx

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Anyway, I believe it is the PSP that does not contain such function or you can contact their support for direct assistance. Programs that work specifically in web browsers are rarer but still available. If you want such function, Fireshot is one of them. http://www.ghacks.net/2009/09/23/fireshot-screen-capture-software-for-internet-explorer-and-firefox/

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:11 AM

All replies

• Why not use the default Alt+Print Screen to capture the active Window (works with IE8, just tried it) or plain old Print Screen to capture the entire Desktop?

Rich
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

What capture do you want? Do you want to capture a whole IE 8 windows or what?

If so, you can use the default Alt+Print Screen to capture the active Window like Atruker said. Why don't you select IE8 first and then click F10? I was wondering which window do you mean in "click F10 outside the window "?

In addition, I believe the "object" capture mode  should not tell which windows is IE 8 which is not.

You can type psr.exe in start menu and upload the recording of the steps to make us understand it clearly.

Please upload the file to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing

http://cid-4b2f155953942dc9.skydrive.live.com/summary.aspx

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Anyway, I believe it is the PSP that does not contain such function or you can contact their support for direct assistance. Programs that work specifically in web browsers are rarer but still available. If you want such function, Fireshot is one of them. http://www.ghacks.net/2009/09/23/fireshot-screen-capture-software-for-internet-explorer-and-firefox/

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:11 AM
  • These methods only perform a "partial" capture and DO NOT perform a full capture

I use CAMTASIA for FULL screen as it has better options than the regular alt prt scn etc etc.

There are other packages out there that DO also take a FULL screen and not just whats displying up to the scroll bar

Do unto others before they get chance to screw you !
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 2:58 PM