VIA HD Audio Trouble RRS feed

• Question

• I've got some serious troubles to get VIA HD Audio working on a MEDION PC MS-7255.
    The OS is Windows Vista Ultimate built "vista_rtm.061101-2205", on a VIA Chip P4M890 and VIA Southbridge  VT8237A.
    The Hardware manager reads no errors at all (except it shows a floppy-drive that must not exist due to the BIOS settings) nethertheless the system re-installs almost every time a General PCI-PCI Bridge and all the Audio and SAA 71.. driver upon booting has completed. I can set the default mic and line in only for the time being. All recommended software provided by the manufacture (VIA) has been tried but none could remedy this issue. Any ideas out there? Many thanks in advance.

Friday, March 16, 2007 5:39 PM

All replies

• i've got the same problem, audio HD problems with PCI to PCI driver's can´t install cuz system vista 65 says "this driver dont have digital signature" or something like that....

can't install the drivers from ASUS, motherboard > ASUS M2V...

serious problem with that...

any ideas ?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 4:26 PM
  • go to the Device Manager (you found it by right-clicking Computer and click Device Manager), Expand the menu "Sound, video and game controllers" and see what the devices are missing.....
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

This issue is related with Sound Driver that has corrupted in your computer. Go ahead and follow the steps give below to fix this issue.

1. Go to Device Manager (Click on start and type Device Manager and hit enter) or (Click on start and you can find a word Computer, right click on Computer and click on manage. In computer management you can find Device Manager)

2. In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and game controllers and right click on sound device driver and click on uninstall. (If any pop that says to delete the sound driver, put a check mark and click on ok to delete the driver)

3. Once sound driver is uninstalled, restart the computer and check with the issue.

Hope this will help you to fix this issue…
    JJJ
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:01 AM
  • @ k0rt3z

check http://www.asus.com/ and search the latest driver that comaptible with your system and have digital signature.......
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:32 AM