none
Policy Definitions Update

Question

• Hi,

I have updated my central store for policy definitions and followed the guide in the following link to delete and rename the Windows Location Provider file, however surely doing this is going to mean that I am going to have to regually do this when updating our Policy Definitions??

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 3:50 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the clarification.

This is a known issue of Windows 10 .admx templates. As mentioned in the KB article, this is due to the LocationProviderADM.admx file was renamed as Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLPAdm.admx in Windows 10.

As long as you copy the Windows 10 .admx templates to the SYSVOL Central Store and overwrite all existing *.admx and *.adml files, you will need to follow the steps mentioned in this KB article to avoid the error message. The error can actually be ingored by clicking the OK button.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:54 AM

All replies

• >>I have updated my central store for policy definitions and followed the guide in the following link to delete and rename the Windows Location Provider file

You mean update the .ADMX or .ADML files in the Sysvol\PolicyDefinitions folder? Could you please share your reference link?

Updating the group policy templates should not need to rename the Windows Location Provider file. It's a feature in Windows allows applications to find your geographical location.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 08, 2015 8:09 AM
  • This is the article I am refering to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077013
    Friday, October 09, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Thanks for the clarification.

This is a known issue of Windows 10 .admx templates. As mentioned in the KB article, this is due to the LocationProviderADM.admx file was renamed as Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLPAdm.admx in Windows 10.

As long as you copy the Windows 10 .admx templates to the SYSVOL Central Store and overwrite all existing *.admx and *.adml files, you will need to follow the steps mentioned in this KB article to avoid the error message. The error can actually be ingored by clicking the OK button.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:54 AM