"NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED" and the sound option is gone from the device manager... here's what worked for me. RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded PC Tools Registry Mechanic and it fixed it!  Just make sure to run all of the optimizers and scans that it offers and you do not have to register the program so it's free!
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:38 PM

Answers

• Also i'm using a HP dv2945se and have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack II
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:43 PM
  • I downloaded PC Tools Registry Mechanic and it fixed it!  Just make sure to run all of the optimizers and scans that it offers and you do not have to register the program so it's free!

Thank you very much for sharing this useful information. Your feedback is greated appreciated. I believe it will help other members in this forum. Thanks again.

Meanwhile, third party registry tool is not suggested to fix all issues. Please remember make a backup of the registry before risk running it.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:35 AM

All replies

• Also i'm using a HP dv2945se and have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack II
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:43 PM

Thank you very much for sharing this useful information. Your feedback is greated appreciated. I believe it will help other members in this forum. Thanks again.

Meanwhile, third party registry tool is not suggested to fix all issues. Please remember make a backup of the registry before risk running it.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:35 AM