VBScript to pin an icon to the Windows 7 Taskbar in a specific location RRS feed

• Question

• I know how to pin/unpin icons on the user's Windows 7 Taskbar with a VBScript. What I'm trying to accomplish is pinning the icon in a specific location every time. I'd like to pin it as the left-most icon next to the Start orb. By default it gets pinned on the far right of the list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

• Edited by Tom Ker Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:34 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As this issue is more related with scripts, it is recommended post a new thread in our MSDN forum for discussion:

Microsoft Developer Network

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

• Edited by Sabrina Shen Friday, August 17, 2012 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, August 17, 2012 2:44 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As this issue is more related with scripts, it is recommended post a new thread in our MSDN forum for discussion:

Microsoft Developer Network

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

• Edited by Sabrina Shen Friday, August 17, 2012 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, August 17, 2012 2:44 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:08 AM
  • Thanks, Sabrina.

Posted to MSDN/Scripting and the Official Scripting Guys forum.

FYI... your MSDN link doesn't resolve.

Tom

Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your information. I have edited the link.

Regards,

Sabrina

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:55 AM