none
MS Project 2007 file customized is causing instability RRS feed

• Question

• MS Project 2007.  For a client I extensively customized a template.  In addition to over 50 customized fields, 20 tables, 20 views, etc. they also wanted their company logo printed on each report.  As the file grew I noticed more values did not stay in place.  The paper settings for each view set on legal would switich to letter size.  Adding page breaks to both the resource sheet and the task sheet did not result in page breaks.  When I did this to a non-customized file, it worked fine.  We removed the logos and it seemed to work better but still has problems.  I know I reported this earlier but I am noticing the page breaks and the paper size changing.  In an earlier posting I mentioned the view would switch tables from the ones assigned. 

Anyone else notice these problems?  I believe this is a bug.  Will this be fixed in the CU that is coming out at the end of June.

Ellen Lehnert, PMP, MCT ellen@lehnertcs.com www.lehnertcs.com Training/Consulting/Author
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:33 PM

Answers

• I assume from your CU request you already have all SP's and CU's? Try a file, save as to a new file to see if that helps. Otherwise a save to .xml format then import to a new blank project may do it.

The customizing you've done shouldn't be a problem, but try deleting all custom views, tables etc from a copy of the file then save as to a new file again (to clean up the .mpp file).

You may well find one particular View or Table has a minor corruption. The only way to find it is trial and error.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Friday, June 17, 2011 11:57 PM