PDF print jobs freezes computer RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever we run a print job on a series of pdfs, the computer will freeze up and only a few of the pages will actually run. The problem is intermittent. Sometimes you can print 200 and it'll work fine, other times it'll freeze on only 10, and everywhere in between. It is a networked Konica Minolta Bizhub hosted on a server. I've already had KM support come look and the printer is working fine. I can print to that printer from any other computer. However, if i print from the problem pc over to another printer on the network it also freezes up. I've changed the spooler settings and restarted the print spooler, so far nothing has worked. Any ideas on where to start next?
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, I want to confirm if you have cleared the spooler folder by using the steps below?

• Open service, stop the Print Spooler service.
    • Navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS.
    • Click on Continue and Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
    • Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder(but not the printers folder itself) until it is empty, then close Windows Explorer.
    • Open services, and start the Printer Spooler service.

If it is not the case, try the methods below:

1.update the PDF software to the latest and try printing again.

2.using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem.

Start>Control Panel>troubleshooting>under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

3.update the printer driver.

Start>Device and Printer>right click the printer and then click Printer properties>Advance>New Driver.

4. perform a clean boot to see whether there has any software conflict.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 25, 2013 12:37 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:30 AM

All replies

• Also I've tried swapping the pdf software between foxit reader and adobe. Same thing on both, but still intermittent
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, I want to confirm if you have cleared the spooler folder by using the steps below?

• Open service, stop the Print Spooler service.
    • Navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS.
    • Click on Continue and Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
    • Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder(but not the printers folder itself) until it is empty, then close Windows Explorer.
    • Open services, and start the Printer Spooler service.

If it is not the case, try the methods below:

1.update the PDF software to the latest and try printing again.

2.using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem.

Start>Control Panel>troubleshooting>under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

3.update the printer driver.

Start>Device and Printer>right click the printer and then click Printer properties>Advance>New Driver.

4. perform a clean boot to see whether there has any software conflict.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 25, 2013 12:37 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:30 AM