Powershell Script to change the default user Account picture for all users in windows 7 and 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can some sone help me with PS script to change user account pictures of all user account in windows 7 and windows 8 ?

I will deploy this through MDT TS as Custom TS after OSD.

Shailendra

Shailendra Dev

Monday, March 3, 2014 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can some sone help me with PS script to change user account pictures of all user account in windows 7 and windows 8 ?

I will deploy this through MDT TS as Custom TS after OSD.

Shailendra

Shailendra Dev

The default user account picture is stored here.

C:\programdata\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\user.bmp

It should just be a matter have copying the picture you want to that location and over writing what is there.

or....

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\User Accounts\Apply the default user logon picture to all users

You can also configure this by a registry setting;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
      UseDefaultTile = 1

The picture that you configure, will not be loaded until the user account will actually be created on the pc. Meaning the first time a >new< user will log on to a pc, they will have no picture shown at all using their login screen (this is default behavior). Same will occur if you enable the policy don't display last user name. However, once they log in the picture will be shown in the start menu, and if they lock their pc the image will also be shown

• Proposed as answer by Massivesystem Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:53 PM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 6:52 PM