Services in Appv 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• On the services TAB in the 5.0 sequencer, is there a particular reason why we cannot modify or cotrol the Services?

4.6 had this option??

Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:20 PM

Answers

• I haven't understood from Microsoft why this is. At this time, you'll need to configure the service during sequencing with SC.EXE.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, March 18, 2013 8:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by PSmith45 Monday, March 18, 2013 8:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:06 AM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 8:09 AM

All replies

• I haven't understood from Microsoft why this is. At this time, you'll need to configure the service during sequencing with SC.EXE.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, March 18, 2013 8:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by PSmith45 Monday, March 18, 2013 8:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:06 AM
  • Hello,

Most likely they saved time by not developing those bits and spent the efforts somewhere else. You can modify the service during the monitoring process.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Not an Answer rather a work around

Paul Smith

Monday, March 18, 2013 8:29 PM