Realm change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

If I change the realm so that the domain is not required in OWA / Outlook Anywhere will my existing Outlook 2007/2010 users be prompted to re-enter their credentials or will the stored username and password still work?

TIA

M

Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:24 AM

Answers

• Where are you making this change?  Cached credentials are generally a SID, not the user name, so making that change shouldn't change anything.  The only places I know to make that change are in the forms-based authentication setting for OWA and ECP, and neither of those affect Outlook.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, December 19, 2011 1:48 AM
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Agree with Ed.

And Forms-based authentication enables a sign-in page for Outlook Web App that uses a cookie to store a user's encrypted sign-in credentials in the Internet browser. When the user closes the Internet browser or clicks Sign Out to sign out from their Outlook Web App session, the cookie is cleared.

Resource:

Configure Forms-Based Authentication for Outlook Web App

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:33 AM

All replies

• Where are you making this change?  Cached credentials are generally a SID, not the user name, so making that change shouldn't change anything.  The only places I know to make that change are in the forms-based authentication setting for OWA and ECP, and neither of those affect Outlook.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Agree with Ed.

And Forms-based authentication enables a sign-in page for Outlook Web App that uses a cookie to store a user's encrypted sign-in credentials in the Internet browser. When the user closes the Internet browser or clicks Sign Out to sign out from their Outlook Web App session, the cookie is cleared.

Resource:

Configure Forms-Based Authentication for Outlook Web App

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:33 AM