none
Image Capture fails on Windows 10 version 1511 build 10586 RRS feed

Answers

• Sounds pretty similar to how my image, except I only have Office in my reference image the other apps I deploy when deploying the OS to the client. You might need to try one or two changes at a time to pinpoint what's causing the issue. Unless you're install Office 2016, MDT will rearm 2013 and 2010.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:58 PM

All replies

• No you do not need to update to the latest ADK to deploy Windows 10 1511. I've been deploying it just fine and I didn't update the ADK. How did you update your image? Did you build a new reference image using the updated ISO?

Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:32 PM
  • Hi Dan,

I built a new reference image (from scratch) from the ISO downloaded from MSDN the day it was released. Imported the ISO into Operating Systems (where it shows as "Technical Preview" as has been reported) and created a new capture task using the 1511 ISO.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:42 PM
  • That part sounds perfectly fine to me. The only difference for me is I never run a second task to sysprep and capture, I always do it as a single task sequence. I have a separate DS to build images and have it configured to "DoCapture=YES" still it should essentially be the same.

Are you making any modifications to your reference image or to your capture task sequence?

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:50 PM
  • I just tried a new reference image with no modifications, and that is working. The modifications I made to my original reference image (which are the same modifications I make to all my images) are the following: Install MS Office, Firefox, Chrome, QuickTime, VLC, Flash, Java. Run Windows and Office updates. Change default user account picture and wallpaper. Change UAC to do not dim. Rearm Office. I made these same modifications a few weeks ago to 10240 build and that captured fine. So looks like 1511 doesn't like something with my modifications. Any thoughts?
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:48 PM
  • Sounds pretty similar to how my image, except I only have Office in my reference image the other apps I deploy when deploying the OS to the client. You might need to try one or two changes at a time to pinpoint what's causing the issue. Unless you're install Office 2016, MDT will rearm 2013 and 2010.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:58 PM
  • That was my plan B now, chip away each change one at a time. Thanks for your help, as always!
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:02 PM
  • Follow up

After testing each change, it seems to be an issue with Office installed, but no idea why. To work around the issue, I'm installing Office via task sequence. I'm also installing general applications via Ninite Pro in task sequence as well, so my reference image is nice and light. 

How often will Microsoft be releasing new builds? I'll be curious to test this again in the next build, since it was working fine with build 10240.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Microsoft will release new build 3 - 4 times a year.

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:14 PM

Hello,

I have the same sysprep error in the screenshot.

I use an ISO from August and then I run the updates/upgrade to 1511 then I launch the sysprep and capture sequence from MDT.

At first, I thought it was going to work because it ran sysprep and restarted but then just came back to the desktop. Now, when I try to run the sysprep and capture sequence again, I get the error message in above screenshot.

If I don't update the image to 1511, I'm able to capture the image with no problems.

Let me know if anyone can help.

thanks,

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:46 AM
  • Sysprep doesn't support upgrades. So your failure is expected.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:59 AM
  • Remove Twitter and Candy Crash saga from preinstalled Applications. It was solution that helped for me. 

DikSoft - MCP

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Enabling the "Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences" in local group policy (Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content - http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2015/11/23/seeing-extra-apps-turn-them-off.aspx) resolved my issue. I enabled this GP before I connected my VM to the network, before it had a chance to download Candy Crush and/or Twitter. Note: removing those two apps after they installed did not resolve the Sysprep error. Only disabling the above GP, before they installed, worked for me.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:41 PM