none
Assign different resource to a split task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just begin on project and face some problem.

I have split a task in two parts and would like to assign resource1 to the first part and resource2 to the second part : actually, i can only assign a main resource to the whole task. Is there any solution? Or do i need to create two different tasks?

Other question : time unit's resource is in percent, is it possible to assign a task following specific days? I mean for one task, i would assign resource1 from day1 to day3, ressource2 from day4 to day7 and so on.

Thank you for your help,

Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Basically your 2 questions converge toward the same stake: you need to assign resources on task in a more detailled way than just the same resource at the same percentage unit on the entire task.

I suggest that you use the task and/or resource usage views. Those views propose you to assign resources on tasks (or the contrary) and specify the work per time unit (day, week month...). So you can assign resource 1 on the first part of the splitted task, and resource 2 on the second part. You can also manually change the amount of work per day/week.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:59 AM