Lync Server 2013 Integration with CUCM 9.1 (Direct SIP) RRS feed

• Question

• i am trying to integrate Lync Server 2013 with CUCM 9.1 via direct SIP.

now, Cisco soft phones can successfully call Lync ext. but the opposite doesn't work !

please if any one can support ?

Monday, August 24, 2015 12:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Have you created a dial plan on the Lync server for the CUCM extensions and also added a voice route for it?

Remember Lync deals with E.164 number format only so you should have a normalisation rule to expand the CUCM extension number to E.164 pass to CUCM and then on CUCM one to strip the number back to its raw extension number.

Also install Lync debugging tools on to the FE and run when trying to place a call to CUCM, choose SIP Stack and S4 and see what message errors you get. That will help you identify the problem correctly.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Monday, August 24, 2015 1:08 PM
  • Thank you Mark Vale for your reply.

i already created the Dial plan (Normalization Rules), Route, Voice policy & Trunk Configuration successfully i tested that it work for another SIP trunk between my lync & Elastix Server (everything working properly with elastix that Lync Phones & Elastix phones can call each other also i can call national & international from Lync through Elastix)

Lync debugging tool Result:

(ms-diagnostics-public: 10404;reason="Gateway responded with 404 Not Found (User Not Found)";component="MediationServer";SipResponseCode="404";SipResponseText="Not Found";sip-reason="Q.850;cause=1" )

i think the above problem with CUCM, that i have some missing setting in CUCM !

Monday, August 24, 2015 2:41 PM
  • Hi Bassam Darweesh,

Do you have a correct Calling Search Space setup on CUCM ?

A CUCM calling search space is an ordered list of route partitions. Calling search spaces determine which partitions and the order in which they are searched when CUCM routes a call.

Here are some related articles for your reference.

http://www.ucprimer.com/tech-blog/category/lync%202010

http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/2012/05/lync-direct-sip-interoperability-note.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mark ValeMVP Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:17 AM
  • Thank you Eric_YangK :)

your reply was very supportive, issue has been resolved by creating a new CSS.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:23 PM