locked
Clients not checking in to Management Point RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have encountered an issue where clients are not updating their status in SCCM 2012.  The last activity timestamp stopped about 3 days ago.

    In the System Event Log I receive 10016 DCOM errors for a component that doesn't exist in Component services at the moment (MSISAPI) and I assume that it did before.  I also have checked to see from a client if I can reach <a href="http:///sms_mp/.sms_aut?mpcert">http://<ServerName>/sms_mp/.sms_aut?mpcert but that also fails with a 500 Error.

    This is the RTM build of SCCM so I tried to install CU2 and it errored out saying a problem with the component manager.

    Other items that I have tried include removing the management point role, rebooting, adding the management point role, rebooting and then waiting for clients to check in.  The 500 Error on the website above still exists along with the DCOM error so i don't believe anything changed for the better.

    I am running a single SCCM 2012 Primary site server on the RTM build, the Database is separate from this server on a SQL cluster.  The last changes that were made were creating deployments for the new updates that came out from microsoft last tuesday, installing those updates to SCCM and rebooting.  2 days later, the clients stopped checking in.

    Any help is appreciated!


    Jason Apt, Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2010 My Blog

    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:01 PM

Answers

  • If you installed the update for Windows Management Framework 3.0 on it about 3 days ago, you will need to remove the update and reinstall the MP role.  If that is the case, you should contact Microsoft Support as this is a known bug with WMF3 and SCCM 2012.

    See this post:

    http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/12/15/wmf3-0-hits-microsft-update-catalog-possible-issues-with-configmgr-2012/

      

    I hope that helps,

     

    Nash


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant - http://www.nowmicro.com - http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/npherson <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    • Proposed as answer by John Marcum Monday, December 17, 2012 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by JasonApt Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:23 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

  • If you installed the update for Windows Management Framework 3.0 on it about 3 days ago, you will need to remove the update and reinstall the MP role.  If that is the case, you should contact Microsoft Support as this is a known bug with WMF3 and SCCM 2012.

    See this post:

    http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/12/15/wmf3-0-hits-microsft-update-catalog-possible-issues-with-configmgr-2012/

      

    I hope that helps,

     

    Nash


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant - http://www.nowmicro.com - http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/npherson <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    • Proposed as answer by John Marcum Monday, December 17, 2012 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by JasonApt Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:23 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Thanks for this. I will mark as answer today once I get through with MSFT support. I will provide any details I receive from them.

    Jason Apt, Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2010 My Blog

    Monday, December 17, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Sounds good.  Try to see if you can get any information about when they publicly publish something about this...  a KB article, blog post, something...

     

    Good luck!


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant - http://www.nowmicro.com - http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/npherson <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    Monday, December 17, 2012 5:32 PM
  • I know this was a late response as I was caught up in other items.

    While on the phone with Support, they were initially unaware of the issue at hand and I had to reference one blog for System Center and one for the Exchange Team blog that said that these should not be installed.  Support was able to resolve my issue and it may be a little unique but he stated these steps should work:

    1.  Uninstall the update

    2.  Uninstall the update point role

    3.  Reboot

    4.  Configure the update point role

    5.  Reboot

    and you should have your computers checking back in in no time.

    I had created additional work out of the initial frustration where I had done the above and then decided to perform a site reset. This didn't complete successfully I guess, leaving out a registry key so the support engineer grabbed the key from his lab server and imported it into mine and it worked fine.


    Jason Apt, Microsoft Certified Master | Exchange 2010 My Blog

    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:23 PM