none
Restoring Enteprise custom fields but none display for restore RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to back up the enterprise custom fields, projects, etc.  I schedule them to backup and the projects show up.  However, if I click on restore I don't see any thng other than projects to select from.  No enterprise fields, etc.  I read somewhere that enterprise custom fields and anything other than projects never shows up in the restore screen.  They said that you just click restore and it restores that last backup of enterprise custom fields because it only keeps one version.  This sounds really strange.... is this correct or have I misunderstood this?  It also tells me the backup has been queued no matter what I do.  How do I get it to backup immediately? 

Cletus51

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:22 PM

Answers

• Cletus51 --

Even though what you describe may sound strange, it is precisely how the backup and restore operations work.  On the Administrative Restore page, you get to see a list of the projects backed up, but nothing else.  You do not get to see the list of custom fields, the resources in the Enterprise Resource Pool, etc.  To perform a backup immediately, click the Administrative Backup link on the Server Settings page, select the items to back up, and then click the Backup button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Portfoliodude Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:04 PM

All replies

• Cletus51 --

Even though what you describe may sound strange, it is precisely how the backup and restore operations work.  On the Administrative Restore page, you get to see a list of the projects backed up, but nothing else.  You do not get to see the list of custom fields, the resources in the Enterprise Resource Pool, etc.  To perform a backup immediately, click the Administrative Backup link on the Server Settings page, select the items to back up, and then click the Backup button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Portfoliodude Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:04 PM
  • Thanks...yes...strange.  Thanks for the quick info. 

Cletus51

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:13 PM
  • Cletus51 --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:17 PM
  • I tried this, but when I hit restore (I deleted a sample ECF that broke the sample workflow) it DELETED all custom fields.

A quick SQL restore of yesterday's databases fixed the problem, but I hesitate to ever try that again!
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:39 PM