none
Internet Send connector RRS feed

• Question

• My question is about how Exchange 2013 manages the Servers added to a internet send connector.

Does it work as a Load Balancer, or only active, passive mode? failover kind of deal....(using the secondary only if the primary stops responding)

for example if i have an application sending 2000 emails per hour, is Exchange smart enough to use both available servers to do the Sending, or does it only send through one (default).

If mails starts queuing up would it start using both?

Regards,

MS

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:06 PM

All replies

• My question is about how Exchange 2013 manages the Servers added to a internet send connector.

Does it work as a Load Balancer, or only active, passive mode? failover kind of deal....(using the secondary only if the primary stops responding)

for example if i have an application sending 2000 emails per hour, is Exchange smart enough to use both available servers to do the Sending, or does it only send through one (default).

If mails starts queuing up would it start using both?

Regards,

MS

It will send round robin through all the source servers defined in the send connector as much as possible

Blog:    Twitter:   

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:28 PM
  • Hi,
    Is the reply above clarify your question?

For your question, Emails won't be sent through a send connector on one specific exchang server, smart host will use both available exchange servers to do the Sending.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:02 AM
  • Thanks, yes that helps a lot.

Now if for example i have an application that sends tons of email for example 2500 mail an hour. would the internal and external go to the same queue, or the internal mail are handled faster or in a different queue since they do not go to the same connector?

regards,

MS

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:11 PM
  • Thanks, yes that helps a lot.

Now if for example i have an application that sends tons of email for example 2500 mail an hour. would the internal and external go to the same queue, or the internal mail are handled faster or in a different queue since they do not go to the same connector?

regards,

MS

It depends. Exchange may throttle messages to a single database or mailbox, otherwise, queue processing should be similar no matter internal or external

Blog:    Twitter:   

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:19 PM
  • If the issue is resolved, please also mark some helpful replies as answers so that someone who has similar issue could find the solution as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your collaboration and understanding.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:10 AM