none
MDT 2012 - Driver - IF exit folder filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello again,

I received an enviroment "configured" with MDT 2012 and windows 7\XP

But the drivers are without filter.

The option default selected is "all drivers" with "install only matching drivers from the selection profile" for all machines

We have a lot manufacturer and models

I am trying organize all this, but for the moment I need :

If this folder  ( WindowsXP32\Desktop\%make%\%model% ) exist ok, it will set the value to drivergroup001

DriverGroup001 = WindowsXP32\Desktop\%make%\%model%

But is the folder does not exist, will it return error ?

I would like know what the code of the error, my next step would be set the profile to  "all drivers" with "install only matching drivers from the selection profile" for all machine not located.

machine ok = drivergroup001

machine nok = all drivers

I dont know if I explain the best way, If someone can give me direction 

Friday, July 26, 2013 1:14 PM

All replies

• If the folder doesn't exist, there isn't an error, there's just not any drivers loaded.  The only "check" I've ever seen for this question is here: http://adminnexus.blogspot.com/2012/08/yet-another-approach-to-driver.html  He uses a variable in CustomSettings, but has to match each profile and when he matches, changes it to yes.  Then if it's still no at the end, then he uses the "all drivers" approach once.  The downside, obviously, is instead of just a single entry for DriverGroup001 and then the profile call, he has to enter for each WMI match he wants to check for first.

If you don't mind modifying scripts, you could change ZTIDrivers.wsf so that if it finds and loads a driver onto the machine, it increments an environment variable.  Then you could check to see if it's still 0 and if yes, then run for "all drivers".

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:36 AM
    Answerer