none
Enable Project Web App Sync from Manage User sync settings not working as expected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We recently started using Project Online. In the PWA, though we had restricted certain project center views but still are visible in Project Center views dropdown and users can still access the views.

Manage Views--> removed all categories for the view

in the Categories-->deselect the view.

even performing the above steps still the views are appearing in project center.

In PWA settings-->Manage Users--> for the selected user-->effective rights--> project center views--> shows that they do not have access to certain project center views but users can access the views in Project Center.

We noticed that "Enable Project Web App Sync" was not started and showed "Not synced". so we tried to start and now the last sync date is 12/9/2017 9:45:25 PM.

after few hours we again ran the sync but did not see any job in the queue . Later tried to change some permissions in the security groups, categories and again tried to start the sync from the user sync settings page but it did not trigger any job in the queue.

did unselect-->save and then again save but no job started in the queue.

I think the sync is not happening from "Enable Project Web App Sync". Nothing starts in the queue. Does the sync happen only once a day ? or it requires some additional configuration somewhere to start the sync?

Also the first time sync job shows that it was completed in 1 sec so i am still doubtful if it really completed the sync.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Sudhir,

The categories and views are not impacted by any sync.  If a user can still see a view then it is still associated with a category, and the category is associated with that user via a group or directly.  Access to views is immediate after you have made the changes.   CRTL-F5 in the browser forces a complete refresh for the user. 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:57 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I can confirm you that there was no other category which was allowing the users to see those views. We even checked the effective rights for the users in "Manage Users--> select User-->Effective rights". This clearly shows that the user does not have access to the project center views. But the same permissions are not reflecting when the user accesses the project center. They can see all views.

In fact the views which were not supposed to visible for them still display project information even though they are not allowed to see the view itself. I mean no access denied or message that they do not have access to the view etc..

Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:09 PM
  • The users arent site collections admins or Tenant global admins are they?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, December 11, 2017 12:13 PM