Need HELP ASAP. "User Profile Service service failed the logon" RRS feed

• Question

• I have been runnung Vista home premium with no problems for some time. Just two days ago, I tried to log in to my administrative account, but got the following message: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. the user profile cannot be loaded." I have one other user account, but its not administrative account. I tried to access my documents from my account, and it would ask me for my password, and as soon as I will put the password in, it will show that the screen is loading (the adress bar gets colored in)  and nothing would happen. I tried to make another account, and same thing would happen. PLEASE HELP ASAP.
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 6:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please boot into Safe Mode and enable the build-in administrator account.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please boot into Safe Mode and enable the build-in administrator account.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:41 AM
  • I have been runnung Vista home premium with no problems for some time. Just two days ago, I tried to log in to my administrative account, but got the following message: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. the user profile cannot be loaded." I have one other user account, but its not administrative account. I tried to access my documents from my account, and it would ask me for my password, and as soon as I will put the password in, it will show that the screen is loading (the adress bar gets colored in)  and nothing would happen. I tried to make another account, and same thing would happen. PLEASE HELP ASAP.

Please go to safe mode :

In safe mode logon window...................
    1. Can you logon to your own admin account in safe mode ?
    If yes, do a system restore first, if no help, run the Microsoft Support tutorial given below.

2. If you cannot logon to your own account, do you see another admin account next to yours in the logon screen ?
    If you do, that one is the built-in admin account. By default, it has no password. Logon to it and again do a system restore first, if no help, run the Microsoft Support tutorial below.

If you are able to logon in safe mode, do a system restore. Pick a date when you were able to logon in NORMAL MODE as your restore point.
    How to do system restore :
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html

Microsoft Support tutorial :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215
    There are several methods, go over them one by one.
    Method 3 has a " fix it for me " application.

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:01 PM