Delete All Ink - Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have switched from word 2007 to word 2010.

I have noticed that the "Delete all ink" button has been removed from Word 2010. How can I add it?

• Moved by Sally Tang Friday, July 16, 2010 8:37 AM (From:Office 2007 Planning and Deployment)
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Word IT Pro Discussions forum. 

As far as I see, Word 2010 does not have a button like the button 'Delete all Ink' in Word 2007. We could check this by clicking File -> Option, choosing Customize and selecting All Commands. Then you will see all commands in the box.

I have checked and found someone was trying to write a word add-in for this feature. See this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/worddev/thread/24133799-d394-4c60-b088-e6e50e03b5d1

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Friday, July 16, 2010 8:44 AM
  • Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply.

By vieweing all commands, not such command is available.

I am just a simple end-user, which I don't know how to construct an add-in. I don't understand what's is written in the related thread sent.

Just a note, anything that can be inserted should be able to be removed. You can ink a document, there should be a removal tool.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:09 AM
  • Frankly say, I am very disappointed that the Delete_ALL_Ink command is removed from 2007, and cannot find it anymore..

Delete_ALL_Ink is very useful command for teaching. As I can add some comments, explain the notes using the ink pen, then clean them with one command in less than one second.

The 2010 Ink tools design is not a progress from 2007 to some users like me, I really hope that the good features related to the ink can be restored into 2010 Word.

Ink user
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Our school has recently upgraded the teacher computers to the new version of Office and we are very disappointed to have this vital feature gone.  Without the delete all ink command, we can no longer take an inked document that we have used with our students and create a blank copy without all the ink.  We now have to go and erase each and every page of inking.  Please tell me that there is a fix for this!
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:34 AM
  • check this video

<cite class="kv">www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgjcjSVGSx8</cite>

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:10 PM