none
Save Text and Gantt Fomatting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working in a Project Server 2010 environment where we have created many custom enterprise views. One user has applied an enterprise custom view to his schedule and wants to format the text and gantt bars in a very specific way. Is there a way to save this formatting for this particular schedule so all users can see his formatting? I tried a quick test where one user created a local view, formatted the text, and published to the server. When I open the schedule I can see the local view but no formatting.

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica Hancock

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:17 PM

All replies

• Jessica --

I would recommend your user try this:

1. Open the enterprise project and apply the custom enterprise view.
    2. Apply the text formatting in the view.
    3. Click one of the View pick lists, such as the Gantt Chart pick list button on the Task ribbon, and select the Save View item on the menu.
    4. In the Save View dialog, enter a unique name that identifies it as a personal view created by the user. For example, when I create a personal view, I prefix the name with _DAH to indicate it is a personal view created by Dale Allen Howard.  Get it?
    5. Leave the personal view applied in the project and save the project.

Obviously the user cannot format an enterprise custom view and expect the formatting to stick.  But the system allows the user to create their own personal views and the formatting will stick.  Please let us know if this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for your quick response.

I had the user create their own view, not an enterprise one, and save the formatting changes. When I open the same schedule i get a prompt that the table in the view already exists in the enterprise, should I replace it. So when the schedule opens the users table is replaced with the enterprise one and the formatting is gone. So obvious next step to me was for the user to create a new table to go with the new view. They did so but when creating the new view they can't see the new table they created. Is this a permissions issue?

Jessica

Jessica Hancock

Friday, December 12, 2014 5:33 PM