Microsoft Office Servers Folder on Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have Microsoft Office Servers folder on my server and have Logs folder under 12.0

I need to clean up my C Drive on server and was wondering if I can delete the logs keeping the Logs folder

Will it impact running MOSS installed on my server? What are these logs files about?

Please advise

Thanks

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• For cleanup you can look for:

1. IIS Logs if any on C:\ drive

2. SP logs under 12\Logs. You can delete all files just leaving the current session log.

3. Clean up the event view/application events.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:52 PM
  • I need to clean up my C Drive on server and was wondering if I can delete the logs keeping the Logs folder

>> Good initiative.  To move the SharePoint trace logs, Visit the Central admin site and browse to the – Central Administration > Operations > Diagnostic Logging and update the log file location to your desired location.

To move the Usage Analysis logs, Visit the Central admin site and browse to the – Central Administration > Operations > Usage Analysis Processing and update the log file location to your desired location.

Will it impact running MOSS installed on my server? What are these logs files about?

>> No. Deleting log file wont effect anything. It is just a log but you may need it for past investigation.

Please advise

>> I will say, move it to other drive. Also clear up recycle BIN, IIS Log, Event from windows

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Friday, January 16, 2015 3:23 PM