Why is this the worst place for answers? RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error that says Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled, and the answer tha that was given was as follows. and it was made CLEAR that, in fact, add ons were all ENABLED

To re-enable an add-on in Internet Explorer 8

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button  , and then clicking Internet Explorer .

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons .

3. Under Show , click All add-ons .

4. Click the add-on you want to enable, and then click Enable .

5. Repeat step 4 for every add-on you want to enable. When you are finished, click Close .

Can people not read? I state that add ons ARE ENABLED. then I get one saying right click the IE icon, properties, shortcut tab.....WHERE IS THE SHORTCUT TAB??? This is the worst place for answers regarding Microsoft questions. 12 year olds on yahoo answers have better solutions.

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:24 PM

All replies

• The Shortcut section-Tab is in the Properties of a Desktop shortcut or internet explorer in All Programs from the Start button.

Open ie,

Hold down Alt+ type HA and post what version and kb # you are using.

Hold the Windows logo key down and press the R key and type in the Run box,

iexplore.exe

See if this gives the same popup about add-ons being disabled, even though you're adamant about add-ons being Enabled,

What type of add-ons are installed ?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:14 AM
  • It appears to me that admins on TechNet and other Microsoft related sites can basically self answer questions. This means that if an admin wants to beef up his point total he/she just has to post in the question and then mark it as correct. Easy-Peasy! Look ma, I've got a million points.

I never ask things on TechNet anymore; it's a waste of time. Go over to StackExchange; you are the one that gets to decide when someone has answered correctly. You even get to down vote if the answer is particularly bad! What could possibly be better than that?!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:26 PM