.ini changes not being reflected when app starts in Win 7 (worked fine in XP) RRS feed

• Question

• I switch between a production and testing .ini file for app development. When I change the values in the .ini file, Windows 7 does not apply the changes when the application starts. I've gone as far as deleting the .ini file and the app still starts using cached settings from somewhere... I've tried compatibility mode and running as admin.

Does anyone know how to flush/clear all cached .ini info?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

As we know, there are a lot of changes in Windows 7 beyond windows xp. So if a application running well in windows xp, it doens't mean it can work well in Windows 7. Sometimes we need to re-design our application.

For more information, please see:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/developers/archive/2009/08/04/user-account-control-data-redirection.aspx.

Could you please let me know which application is affected? Please detail the steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, April 2, 2012 1:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, April 2, 2012 2:10 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 10:36 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:44 PM
  • yes, the separate .ini files change the path to the database. For some reason, Win 7 will not release the stored information for that path.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:20 PM
  • Hi ,

As we know, there are a lot of changes in Windows 7 beyond windows xp. So if a application running well in windows xp, it doens't mean it can work well in Windows 7. Sometimes we need to re-design our application.

For more information, please see:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/developers/archive/2009/08/04/user-account-control-data-redirection.aspx.

Could you please let me know which application is affected? Please detail the steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, April 2, 2012 1:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, April 2, 2012 2:10 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2012 10:36 AM