failed vista installation, Stopcode: 0x0A partmgr.sys RRS feed

• Question

• yea...so i tried to install vista64bit from a virtual drive within my XP x64 onto a 30gig partition on the same harddrive....it was all good up until the final reboot...i get a BSoD with the stop code 0x000000A and some parameters ...00000001...it mentions the file: "partmgr.sys" ...i tried looking for it online but, i cant find anything since..vista is still not in its final stage...
    Thursday, September 7, 2006 5:29 AM

All replies

•  

I receive the same error on a Vista 32 bit install for SP1.  I have spent 11 hours on the phone with Microsoft since the update dropped yesterday and even more of my own time trying to fix this.  We finally got Vista SP1 to install successfully by removing all antivirus and spyware software and turning off everythign in MSCONFIG and installing SP1 in safe mode.  However, after turning things back on in MSCONFIG  get the blue screen with the same error again.  I'm waiting for yet another call from Microsoft on this issue.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:21 PM
  •  

I have been on the phone with Microsoft for the last 3 days about this error and how it is directly related to the Vista SP1 update.  The technicians, in an overzealous act, removed all of my restore points over the past 14 or so hours while on the phone and allowign them to control my PC over the WWW.  I believe this to be negligent, btu I'm sure somewhere Microsoft has released themselves from any responsibility...but how about ethics? 

Now, I must reinstall Vista from scratch on my hard drive.  That means I will also have to reinstall all of my applications and all of their settings will have to be recreated.  We have determined that there are no functional problems with my system hardware, however, SP1 conflicts with something installed on my system and produces this error which will not allow me to boot into Windows in regular or safe mode.

This is a warning to all of those who trust Microsoft and their automatic updates.  These updates may kill your system and I can provide proof through my experince.  Shame on Microsoft for being so careless.  Microsoft now has me recruited, in essence, as an unwilling beta tester for their latest SP.  I will likely spend 40-60 hours correcting this issue and that is multiplied by all the people affected by Microsofts careless actions and inadequate foreign support.  I am guessing I will receive no compensation for their careless acts.

If anyone from Microsoft reads this, how about stepping forward and offerig to take my system and restore everything on it for me?  That would be standing behind your irresponsible actions.

Friday, March 21, 2008 2:21 PM
  • AMEN to what you just said.  This is ridiculous and insane.  I have been dealing with the incompetence of support and of course the inadequacies of VISTA on this same issue now for over one week.  I have paid third parties more money and could have purchased a new system and still this problem is happening.

If anybody from Microsoft even monitors these forums you need to apologize to everyone that has purchased this POS operating system.  Reminds me of the Windows ME days and that load of *** you pawned off on the world. Either Fix the problem or continue to support XP - otherwise I am buying a MAC.
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:26 AM
  • My problem ended up being related to an HP xb2000 docking station with a built in hard drive.  Does anyone have this configuration?

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Microsoft update (custom) will allow you to down load Cypress driver for USB controller related to the HP xb2000 Notebook Expansion Base.  As soon as this driver is installed (you can see them under USB Controllers, in Device Manager) anything connected to the xb2000's USB ports and also the Hard Drive in the xb2000 will stop working.

I did a System Restore to get rid of the driver.  After a reboot, all was again well.

Another person who posted on the HP forum (search for xb2000), had success by Rolling Back the Driver.

I notified HP, Microsoft and Cypress about this problem during Feb, 2009.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 9:58 AM